Thursday 18 July 2013

the-officialsurvey.com PopUp Removal

the-officialsurvey.com pop-up in the chrome web browserAre you getting pop-ups from a site called the-officialsurvey.com? So did I when I tested the adware software called WebCake.

the-officialsurvey.com tries to create the impression that a web site owner is running a survey as you can see in the screenshot to the right.

Since I'm the owner of freefixer.com this is in no way an official survey. If you go through with the survey, which I don't recommend,  they state that you will get a 500 SEK value gift. One of the gifts is an IKEA gift certificate, but surprise, they are temporarily out of stock. The other free gift that they do have in stock turns out to be free as in having to pay 35 SEK.

Anyway, in my case the-officialsurvey.com pop-ups started to appear after testing the WebCake adware. Please check out the removal instructions for WebCake.

Did removing WebCake stop the the-officialsurvey.com pop-ups? Please post a comment below to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment